HighTechLending, Inc. NMLS # 7147

How much money have you left unclaimed from the government?


Years ago, I had a savings account set up at First Interstate bank in California.  My local branch was closed while I was living out of state and the money in my account was given to the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation).  I had completely forgotten about this account until I did a search for money the government owed me.  I was able to claim those funds owed me from my savings account.  Over the years, you may have unpaid wages, life insurance, tax refunds, pensions, mortgage refunds or other moneys that you have never claimed.    The government will not seek you out to give you this unclaimed money, but you can search these websites links in blue and find it:

States’ Unclaimed Money

  • Search by State – Search your state’s listing of unclaimed funds and property.

Unclaimed Back Wages

  • Unpaid Wages – If you think you may be owed back wages from your employer, search the Wage and Hour Division’s (WHD’s) database of workers for whom it has money waiting to be claimed. WHD is a part of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).

Life Insurance

  • VA Life Insurance Funds – Search the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for unclaimed insurance funds that are owed to certain current or former policyholders or their beneficiaries. Note: This does not include funds from Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI) or Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (VGLI) policies from 1965 to the present.



  • Tax Refunds – The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may owe you money if your refund was unclaimed or undelivered.

Banking, Investments, and Currency

  • Bank Failures – Search the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) for unclaimed funds from failed financial institutions.
  • Credit Union Failures – Find unclaimed deposits from credit unions.
  • SEC Claims Funds – The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lists enforcement cases where a company or person owes investors money.
  • Damaged Money – The Treasury Department will exchange mutilated or damaged U.S. currency.


  • FHA-Insurance Refunds – If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). To search the HUD database, you will need your FHA case number (three digits, a dash, and the next six digits—for example, 051-456789).

Savings Bonds


  • Foreign Claims – U.S. nationals can find money owed to them from foreign governments after loss of property.

HECM funds

  • HECM moneys — If you can’t find any money unclaimed from these sites, you may have enough unclaimed equity in your home to get a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage and access the money locked up in your home with no monthly mortgage payments.  Talk to a Senior loan specialist today at 877-567-7476Robert Snow Krepps, NMLS #255191, at HighTechLending Inc today to discuss how a reverse mortgage may be able to help you (877) 567 – 7476 or rkrepps@hightechlending.com .

    HighTechLending Inc, NMLS # 7147, is an Equal Housing Lender.  Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *